Thursday, August 30, 2012

Psalm 23

              *see bottom of long post
           1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
             This verse you see here is one that is really important to me. I first come to know it because my dad told my siblings and I, that we should memorize it. When you memorize a verse you not only improve your memory, but you also take it to heart eventually. Like listening to your favorite song. You eventually memorize the lyrics and put those lyrics in your heart (for the better and for the worst). Anyways, I used this verse especially for my trip to Asia. I would pray for travel mercies, small issues, and safety. But I think God has shown me something better before asking Him what I want all the time. He has shown me that I should trust in him for it says "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want" Can this lesson God is trying to get through to me be anymore obvious?? I really took this verse to my heart whenever I felt like I wasn't safe or felt insecure. 
Inside the red structure is where the idols are
               I used this verse in China when we visited the temples for the idols. There was one place they took us to where there were 2 GIANT idols. It was pretty intimidating... my dad said we don't have to see it if we don't want to. But I wanted to see with my own eyes what kind of work Satan is doing in China. I want to be concerned about it and see how much China needs help. So I think Ant (brother) and I went in mostly because of curiosity. Ant went with the rest of the group leaving me alone (THANKS A LOT! SERIOUSLY BRO!) and I was feeling eery. I was so vulnerable I jumped when turning and seeing my shadow move. shivers. But that is what Satan can do to you. He tells you that you are weak, so weak you jump at your own shadow. He tells you that you are powerless. Which is true, but with the power of our Father what can stand against right? So during my fright, I remembered "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for you are with me..." Which comforted me a lot. 
                Another time in Cambodia, when we were going back, we had some techy-diffies with Thai Air so we had to stay in Bankok for 1 night at a cool hotel. Anyways, during the shock of "delayed" next to Thai Airlines I was panicking. What if we miss our flight to NY? (2 days from then) What if we have to stay here for more days!!?? Dang it! I wanted to spend the full 2 days in Taiwan to go take the clean subways one more time! Those were the things going on in my head. I think the worst of the scenario so when it is bad, it's not that bad ;D But I also remembered a song from worship that I also think is in the bible. It was "I will be still and know you are God" That helped me a lot especially how God calmed me down by putting my family in an amazing hotel, to distract us from our worry. 
                 *Sorry this is really long, you don't have to read the whole thing if you don't feel like it :) But I would suggest you do :D

1 comment:

dang34 said...

Thanks for sharing, this is encouraging.