Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Everyone is There Own Person

               
             I think since yesterday I've been having one of those "sigh..." type of days where nobody understands me at times (what a typical teenager). I got into a disagreement with Chubster (still a kid at heart ;) We both know how to tick each other off and I figured out that when one of us is in a bad mood, the other is most likely in a bad mood too :( Not all the time though. Usually when she is in a bad mood I stay away from her, but the day before I slept late and woke up early for track and was vulnerable to catch the moodyness. The next day my dad went to work. My dad is the only one who really gets me in times like this. We think extremely alike and have similar personalities. Also, my mom and my brother are alike, along with my sister. My sister gets me at times, but only for the inside jokes we share. So my dad knows what I'm thinking before I say it out loud. But unfortunately he wan't there :( That day was pooey for me.
                 You know how you are having a disagreement with a sibling and then you give up letting the sibling get what she... I mean he/she wants? And then you try to get them in trouble later on? Yeah that only works sometimes... but what I've learned is that everyone is there own person. If your brother, sister, or friend acts a certain way, thats the way they are. It's up to them to change and you to tell them constantly. But if they don't want to change, there is nothing you can do about it. Same for myself. If the people I love such as my family tell me that I need to chill, I think I have to go and find my peace of mind. Listening to people has always been my weak point, but I have to learn the hard way. People that are not from your family won't tell you in a loving way that you were a jerk the other day (trust me).
                 Later on before bed, Chubster and I had to discuss our problems. An actual discussion! Where one person talks and the other listens (vise versa). It was really productive because we made up at the end. And not the type of "making up" where we just forget it ever happened. The type where we acknowledge our own faults and forgive each other. During a fight sometimes I just feel like giving up on loving someone the way God did. But thats not the way it works. Towards the end we have to set the example for others. Like when Chubster got a small flower pot for herself (plant growing contest), I still bought her a snack from the Chinese Super Market! I have to always remember that Chubster is still young, and needs an older sister to show her the way even though she's a tween. When she didn't want to clean our room and my mom told her to do so, she got really upset at my mom. So when I talked to her and said we were going to do this together she felt a lot better. Like the cute toddler she used to be!!!!!
                 So that has been your update of "What Rachel Learned This Week" stay tuned, yay... But really, everything is true about what I feel. The people we love mean the most, so don't ruin that relationship from one fight. (I'm not talking specifically on Chubster and I, but maybe in the future or other examples in your life)

1 comment:

dang34 said...

awwwwwwwwww I love this post, so honest and so great to hear how close you are with your family that you can speak the hard truths in love to each other.