Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Central Park Ballet

there is my teacher to the far left


                     A thing I haven't posted yet was my love for dance! Ever since I was 4 years old I took dance lessons from the same teacher. At first I loved it well... I was 4. But in elementary school I started to hate it. I had classes after school on Friday so I wanted to watch Lilo and Stitch but instead I had to go to ballet class :( During middle school I started to love it again because it is nice to express your dance in movement. Although there isn't a lot of the acrobatic/gymnastic stuff that I like, it is just as good. In some dances we do do gymnastic stuff so YAY. So yeah, this is a picture from Central Park the Bethesda Garden. This dance is called the "Three Graces" by Isodora Duncan. My teacher likes a lot of Duncan pieces because it is more of how you dance it than the actual choreography. Thats me to the right, Tess in the middle, and Anastasia to the left. All of us took dance at a really young age so we are now the "big girls" of the dance school along with a few others. Unfortunately I have to pick between ballet and track unless I could do them both while getting good grades at school. Huff! Schoooooooooool >:(

No comments: