Sunday, April 13, 2014

Running with the Pa

I got the guy in the bike and I didn't even know it. P.s he didn't run with us
It's been such a long time since I wrote a post, but here is one now :)

Around the beginning of March, I joined track at my school again. I tend to be so on and off about this track business, but I think this streak will last until outdoor season ends. Anyways, this was the first time I ran with my dad after I made this streak of going to practice every week and he sort of 'challenged' me to this run on Cross Island. We ran around 3.2 miles. This time around, the run was easier than before, so that was good.  We're both competitive individuals except he's almost 30 years older than me, which makes him a bully, BUT never mind :)

Whenever my dad and I run together, my dad ends up running ahead of me. And whenever this happens, I feel like this >:(. Naturally, if anyone passes me while I'm running, it makes me feel angry and more tired at the same time. But this was my dad who was passing me here!! Agh! I just can't take it sometimes! Especially, when he slows done or even stops on purpose, so I can catch up. The feeling is indescribable. Sometimes I just want to use those mushrooms from super mario to make me 10 times faster, but we all know thats not reality (sadly). However, there is always this one thing that comes up in my mind that makes all the anger go away.

Did you ever experience a brief depression about your future life? "Depression" is a strong word to use, so let's say "doleful moment" instead. It usually happens when you're trying to go to sleep or when you're by yourself. This thing that comes up in my head gets me every time. The realization that one day, I will be faster than my dad, and I will pass him and say "muhaha look who's in the front now!" Intuitively, I would feel a slight excitement about this. But then I realize my dad is just going to get older and one day, he won't be there running in place waiting for me to catch up. One day, I would wish that he was a half mile in front of me going strong. This always makes me return to the fact that my dad is always there for me and each time we run together, we have a great time.

On a second note:
Dad, if you're reading this, just know that you're winning the race now, but time is not on your side. You can say that a 5k is for the 12 year old kids and sprint the last mile, but just know how the future will be and also know that I allow you to get your satisfaction now :)

No comments: