Saturday, August 31, 2013

Jesus Knew

           Recently, Chubs and I have been getting into so many fights. On average, we'll get into 3-4 a week. Sigh... It would always frustrate me when Chubs and I get over a fight and becomes friends again. The only reason for this would be because once I've forgive her, my thinking is that she would try not to do whatever she did again. But of course, she does that certain thing again and that gets me angry. By the way, I'm not trying to bash her on my blog. I learned something very important at the end. I've done some pretty mean stuff to her too. Anyways, each argument we have takes a toll on my mind emotionally. I get sick of the cycle of feeling hurt, forgiving, and feeling crushed when it happens again. It drives me insane!!
          One day Chubs and I got into a fight about something I can't even remember today. After that, it was time to take a shower. As I was showering in anger, I kept asking myself "why should I forgive her, if I know she is going to do it all over again." Like I said before, the cycle is exhausting. I kept thinking and thinking of a reason why I should forgive her. Have you ever gotten the feeling of when you learn something in school, church, or from your friend that just sticks to you? It might be a saying someone said, a theme, or a statement that you chose not to forget. For me, my "theme" was to be like Jesus. Jesus was human just like us. Our everyday temptations that we just can't seem to say no to, Jesus did. In my mind, the idea of being like Jesus would always be in my head. So I asked myself a typical question. What would Jesus do?
          I tried thinking of a time that Jesus forgave. That was easy. When Jesus died on the cross, he took the death for our sins. He knew that we were sinners and he forgave us. I kept thinking about what was going on in Jesus' mind and then it hit me. As Jesus was dying on the cross, He didn't think 'everyone that just sinned, you are forgiven.' He thought 'everyone that has sinned, will sin, and is sinning is forgiven.' Basically, Jesus forgave us while having known that we were only going to sin again. In order to become more like Jesus, I had to forgive Chubs even though I knew she was going to do the same hurtful thing again. Having someone betray you, slander you, or hurt you over and over again is a painful thing. All this was on Jesus' shoulders the night he was crucified. Forgiveness isn't easy. If it was, any one can die on a cross.
 

2 comments:

Emily said...


WOW! - your thoughts are coming together with the first weapon of spiritual warfare- TRUTH! Yeah- some of the hardest battles are in our minds and in our relationships.
Embrace the truth, do right and make things right!! Go RACHEL!!!

dang34 said...

You are showing much wisdom in your youthful age by your thought process and conclusions. It's tough, but humbling to know Jesus does that to us all the time!